When you arrive at Cedarwood Veterinary Practice, you can expect quality care for your pet. Stowmarket Veterinary Services – what you can expect at your visit during Covid-19:
Vets are in the top ten occupations most exposed to disease and unavoidable closeness to other people, according to the ONS. Therefore, it is vital that we limit our role in transmitting COVID-19 within the community. We have made some simple changes to keep everyone safe and ensure that we can continue to offer our services in the coming months. We ask that you take a few minutes to read the following information which should help clarify what to expect in the following situations.
Your pet is in need of urgent medical attention:
- Please do not hesitate to call us on the usual number (01449 676966) and press 1
Your pet has a non-urgent medical problem:
- If possible, please email email@example.com with a brief description of your pet’s problem, your pet’s name, your name and your address. We endeavour to respond within 24 hours
- If you do not have access to email, phone us and press 2
- All cases will be assessed by a member of the clinical team. Some pets will be treated remotely following a chargeable telemedicine consultation with a vet. If we need to see your animal, this will be arranged
You would like to book a vaccination or routine surgery (neutering and dentistry):
- If possible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your pet’s name, your name and your address
- If you do not have access to email, please phone us and press 2
Ordering repeat prescriptions and food:
- You can order via the website cedarwoodvets.co.uk
- Alternatively, you can call us, press the appropriate number and leave a message
- Please help us by ordering supplies at least one week before your pet needs them
Collecting food or medication:
- Food and medication will be left outside the front door for collection. Please wait for us to contact you before coming to the practice. Payment will be taken over the phone prior to products being dispensed.
You have been asked to bring your pet to the practice:
- Bring a mobile phone
- When you arrive please call us and press 1 or ring the doorbell
- Leave your pet by the door, or tied to the dog park just beside the door
- Return to your car
- If the vet or nurse needs to discuss anything with you, they will phone you
Please DO NOT come to the practice without contacting us in advance as there may not be anyone available to answer the door. If you, or anyone you live with has displayed signs of COVID-19 in the past two weeks, you must let us know so that we can make arrangements.
Finally, we would like to extend our thanks to all of you for your patience during these difficult times. We understand the frustration delayed services cause, but we must continue to run with a limited workforce. Skeleton staffing is to reduce the risk of disease and vitally, to ensure that we have a backup team, should any of us fall ill. Our priority will always be to provide prompt care to sick animals, though we will be continuing to expand our range of non-urgent services over the coming weeks. We can’t wait to see you all again, when the time is right.