Here at Cedarwood Veterinary Practice we run a monthly socialisation party for all of the new puppies who have joined us in the previous weeks. They are a one-off, relaxed welcome to the practice run by our dedicated puppy party team. The party gives you and your puppy an opportunity to meet other puppies and owners and are a fantastic way of socialising your new puppy in a safe, controlled environment. Our team of nurses provide plenty of information, games and advice on the night. All puppies are invited to the party upon their first vaccination appointment.
The puppy parties are scheduled for the start of every month, they start at 6.30pm and usually last from 1 hour – 1 ½ hours. There is a £10 deposit to pay to secure your place, however this is redeemable on the night against toys, leads and treats. If you pay the deposit and are unable to attend, the deposit will be donated to our chosen charity.
Checklist for eligibility
- Registered with the practice.
- The puppy is aged between 11 and 16 weeks.
– Must have had the 1st L4 vaccination.
– Must have had the DHP vaccination AT LEAST 1 week before the party.
– Must have had the Kennel Cough vaccination AT LEAST 3 days before the party.
- £10 redeemable deposit paid.
What can you expect when you come to the puppy party?
- A chance to see how your puppy interacts and socialises with dogs and people.
- A great opportunity to meet other puppy owners with puppies of a similar age.
- A party bag filled with information leaflets and other goodies!
- Free refreshments available throughout.
- Puppy play time, supervised by the nurses to ensure it remains fun and safe.
- Information and tips on socialisation.
- Some games and challenges – with prizes!
- Information on canine body language and how to recognise it.
- A chance to speak to a nurse one-to-one to discuss any issues with socialisation.
- A great selection of puppy toys only available to purchase at our puppy party.